We’re looking for an exceptional Client Director to help us scale our proposition in London. We work with some of the world's largest corporates to create Entrepreneurial Growth - that is the creation and scaling of new revenue lines, ventures and business models.
This opportunity would suit someone with 10 + years consulting and entrepreneurial experience. The role is part of our leadership team, reporting directly into our CEO and offers considerable C-suite exposure. We actively encourage applicants looking to balance work and family life and are open to flexible working arrangements.
We are an entrepreneur-powered consultancy that helps industry leaders to identify and deliver growth in the digital economy. Our work spans from strategy and capability design, to execution. This includes defining growth opportunities, launching new ventures, creating strategic start-up engagements and investments, and running accelerator and incubation programmes.
Our mission is to pair the creativity, pace, and boldness of world-class entrepreneurs with the commercial rigour of a strategy consultancy to deliver economic impact at speed. 90% of our global team have worked in or Founded startups, alongside experience at some of the world's leading institutions. The team is our secret sauce and that is what continues to differentiate us in a competitive market.
Since being founded in the UK in 2013, we have helped a diverse set of global clients, from Facebook, BP, ITV, Rightmove, Visa, Unilever, Diageo, Lloyd’s Banking Group, GSK and Silver Lake PE, to activate entrepreneurial growth. Outside of London, we are proud to be part of the tech ecosystems in Berlin and Sao Paulo.
As part of the Founders Forum, we have access to the world’s most influential network of digital entrepreneurs and investors. This offers us a unique perspective into the new technologies, business models, and consumer expectations creating and reshaping the future of industries.
Examples of projects we support our clients with
- Advising the CEO of a FTSE 100 listed real estate tech platform on offensive and defensive tactics to strengthen market share
- Helping a global energy company evaluate how to leverage its core gas station assets to grow revenues in a renewable energy future
- Being retained as an advisor to a global payments corporate venture capital fund to perform tech investment due diligence on select investments
- Supporting a global technology Private equity fund with the due diligence of a >US$1bn target, analyzing the risks and opportunities that surround the future of the business
- Setting the long-term mobility and connectivity strategy for the Directors at one of the largest automotive companies in LATAM
About the Client Director role
We are looking for an experienced Client Director to help us scale our proposition and team in London. The core responsibilities of this person will be to:
- Delight our executive clients by helping them identify and solve problems. The most senior clients (CEOs and budget holders) put their trust in you personally
- Bring in project sales from new and existing client relationships
- Deliver projects with new highs of quality and impact and make important contributions to productising our delivery mechanisms
What we’re looking for
To be successful at the Client Director level, we are looking for someone who can:
- Sell complex projects to the highest level in corporates
- Be highly adept at the kind of questioning necessary to sell large digital strategy / transformation projects
- Build, validate and challenge digital and innovation strategies
- Effectively talk to technology entrepreneurs and investors to glean insights
- Manage complex projects and large teams
- Maintain a broad network in the venture and corporate world
- Lead, effectively manage and inspire colleagues
- Engage deeply in projects to ensure a consistent and high-quality of work
- Set an example that the team aspire to and create an engaging learning environment
- Bring energy and passion about the start-up and technology innovation world
You’ll likely have experience as
- Rising star at a large strategy consultancy or a boutique specialist in technology and innovation
- Current or former senior executive of a large corporate or consulting firm, with an interest and background in digital, strategy and innovation
- Founder, Founding team or senior management at a technology business
The role is ideally full-time, but we are supportive of candidates who want to work flexibly and are open to suggestions of how it would work. We actively encourage applicants who are looking to balance work and family/ outside life. The role would be a minimum of 3 days a week. There are limited travel expectations, given the new dynamics we now operate with.
What we offer
- Competitive salary £110-£140k (depending on experience)
- Annual bonus
- Options pool potential
- Supportive environment that values work/life balance
- Private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions
- Cycle to work scheme
- Learnerbly Learning Perks
- Pension Contribution
- Mental Health and Wellbeing support through Spill
- Matched charitable giving through Tyve
- Being part of an engaging and dynamic working environment (we’re co-located with our fellow Founders Family companies including Founders Factory & firstminute capital)
- Exposure to C-suite clients & significant responsibility for and influence on the team growth trajectory